Friday, October 23, 2009

Imp - Survivor (SoRD)

I don’t remember the way things used to be. This is the only world I’ve really known. The bigs, they talk about it all the time. The neat toys. All the bright lights. The things they used to go and do. The only thing I remember is pain. That’s, that’s all there was. Before that I think it was warm. I, I don’t really know anything else. But I like this new world. This new world is nice. I’ve got Donnie. He watches out for me. He’s the one who found me. Sometime after, um, what he calls, um, the Reckoning Day. I don’t really remember anything. There was just pain. I was stuck with these bigs. They called me their family. Told me they loved me. But they hurt me. They hurt me lots. I don’t know how long they had me. It seems like all my life I was with them, at least, all my life before Donnie rescued me. Something happened. Something bad happened. There was a fight. A bad fight. Not like how my family fought, where they got back up afterward. This fight was different. The ones who said they were my family, they didn’t get up. There was this one, this monster. There was nothing that my old family could do stop him. He killed them all. His bare hands. He, he killed them with his bare hands. There was lots of blood. I was covered in their blood. Like a red, sticky bath. I learned long ago not to scream. I just stood there. Naked. In the middle of the room. Their blood was all over me. He, Donnie, he just looked at me. He started to walk away. Then he shook his head and walked back. Donnie wrapped a blanket around me, picked me up, he carried me out of there. Out of that dark place of pain. Out of hell. Donnie calls me Imp. He tells me I’m his little Imp he rescued hell. I like being his Imp. I get things for him. Take things to people. Get things he can’t get to. It’s fun. I like the games we play. Donnie doesn’t hurt me. He doesn’t let anyone hurt me. It’s not like my old family. I don’t think they were my family. Donnie says family takes care of each other. Donnie is my family now. Donnie and his friends.
My name is Imp. I think it, I think it used to be Cary Anne or something, but now I‘m just Imp. And I’m a Survivor of the Reckoning Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment