Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Where has All the Fantasy in My Mind Gone

So I'm afraid I've forgotten how to write a fantasy story. In particular, a short fantasy story dealing with war. It only needs to be 1000-7000 words, but every time I think I'm on to something I realize that where I want to go with it either isn't fantasy or it isn't war. If you had told me 13 years ago I wouldn't be able to crank out a fantasy story at the drop of a hat I would have told you that you were on some really good drugs. Then again, 13 years ago I was certain I would already have my RX-7 too.

Maybe it's time to don the Hoodie of Reckoning to make this work. The Hoodie doesn't usually get donned until I'm on to something. The Hoodie is scary. It controls the mind. It makes the mind do things it normally wouldn't do. I don't want to come to that, but it just might happen.

It skeers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment