Tuesday, October 27, 2009

NaNoWriMo ... again

I'm thinking that as NaNoWriMo is coming upon us I'll do something fun with it to help keep me in check with the pace needed to finish the challenge and "WIN". Every day after I've completed my word count for the day I'm going put what I've got up on here.

So y'all get to keep me honest!

Also, I'm really thinking about killing the RSS feed to Facebook. That's the part I'm not entirely certain about, but it's the way I'm leaning at the moment. The real difficulty is that I have 3 1/2 ideas fighting to get out. Maybe I'll just go crazy and write all 3. If it weren't for real life I think I might have to do it, but that's just craziness because it's just no longer possible to write for 10 hours a day since I'm actually doing those forbidden things called work and school again.

On a completely different note, I just had the pleasure of listening and participating in the PodioRacket launch party of J.C. Hutchins' science fiction thriller novel 7th Son: Descent. The launch party was an absolute blast and it would seem that Hutch is going to be crossing the pond as a result of one very ambitious fan who has organized people he knows to get 100 copies of 7th Son: Descent purchased for the Beta Clone Army Rewards Program.

I have got to admit that every time I hear or read what J.C. has to say about writing I feel empowered. He truly is an inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. If you were trying to sum up Hutch with one word, "inspiring" would be a good one.

    I've said this before and I'll say it again, if you can listen to J.C. Hutchins talk for any length of time and not be inspired to get off your ass and go, you must be dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not kidding. That man gets me so fired up any time I hear him speak that it feels like I'm going to explode with excitement.

    ReplyDelete