Monday, November 1, 2010

Child of the Order #1

So I've had my mind completely overrun by drabble recently after being assaulted by fun that is Jake Bible's "Dead Mech", the world's first drabble novel. So now I'm going to have a little fun with that wonderful little writing style that follows after his novel. Each day I'm going to see how long I can string together a continuous and coherent story made up of a new drabble each day. And what is a drabble? It's 100 words, not 99, not 101, exactly 100 words for an idea or story where authors attempt to show brevity and a cohesive story. But instead of following the only 100 words for the entire thing I'm going to go on the model Bible used and just created a chapter at a time that is drabble. This could be fun. It might not. I could be writing to myself again. We'll just have to wait and see. So with no further ado, here we go.

The mind merge was more seamless than any other the scientists had seen. It was as if the kid and the computer were meant for each other. Fear crawled up their collective spines when the child opened his eyes, the irises glowing blue. When his eyes fell upon them they could feel the rage filled glares of thousands. This had never been an outcome the scientists had anticipated. This was not supposed to happen. Each of the scientists struggled with similar thoughts as the malevolent grin darkened the child's features. He blinked his eyes and electric death embraced the scientists.

No comments:

Post a Comment