Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Finally, a class that lets me interview podcasters, oh the joy

So the class load this semester isn't that crazy, but the classes require a lot of time. I suppose that's just the territory for finally getting out of the casual student range and into upper level courses. The amazing thing is that I'm actually months ahead of schedule thanks to one amazing podcast author.

There is a research based paper I'm working on and I am trying to arrange it to find where not just podcasting but other alternatives to big publishing fit into the picture. So now I find myself with a mountain of questions, pushing 30 or so with multiple part questions and tie in questions. The problem I'm facing is that I don't want to waste the time of the authors and creators who take time out of their schedules to help me out.

So I find myself asking for help. This is hopefully where others come in. Yes you.

What is too much? I'm trying to avoid personal questions, the kinds of things that have been asked many times over by others. (I'm also finding that I have no idea who has interviewed authors to be more certain as to what has been asked).

I really don't want to be the person who asks a question that was answered just a week earlier.

The other problem I am having is that I don't really know what is "off limits". I don't want to ask anything that pits an author against publishers or fans or outright upsets someone, but I'm really trying to find what innovative creators believe will be the future of fiction, be it published or podcast or anything else along the spectrum. Hoping to really get a feel for what some of the innovators behind podcast novels and other alternate publishing methods feel is the future of an art I love. Transmedia experience anyone? I know that's something I hope to see more of in the future.

Authors, podcasters, interviewers extraordinaire, lend me your eyes, your voice, your words.

After that long bit of rambling, the most important question would be:

Can you help?

No comments:

Post a Comment