Friday, November 13, 2009

Just for fun

So just for kicks I'm typing this from my new toy. I suppse I can tell you that for the first time in my life that I can remember I won a contest and received a prize.

But you've played sports all your life, do you mean to say that you've never won?

That's not what I'm saying. Of corset, I win it's a competition, something I have some control over. This was a random win. It's never happened before.

And I've got to say that it's pretty cool. There is one huge dramatic setback though.

It's a new Zune HD.

Before turning it on I knew the iPod Touch was better. The reason being apps. Microsoft has nothing.

And I MEAN NOTHING!

There are something like 12 games, which sound cool, but other than that there is MSN Weather, a calculator, and a piano of all things. There is nothing productivity. No notes, no mail client, and the web browser makes Netscape look advanced so far. But beggars can't be choosers, eh?

There are another 8 or so apps by 3rd party revs available, and so far it is the biggest pain the ass I have experienced for a device installation. Even backing game systems isn't tedious compared to this.

The final gripe. It took more than 2 hours to sync 19GB of info. Seriously? C'mon Microsoft! There is a very evident reason why Apple bends over it's knee in every category.

IT'S BETTER!

In every aspect it's better. Maybe over time my opinion will change, but with the MS track record I don't see that happening.

No more complaining though. It is cool little toy with built in WIFI so I can at least take advantage of that school since I can't afford an iPod Touch and definitely not an iPhone 3GS and plan with it. At least now I don't have to carry my laptop everywhere I go. Especially if the zNotes app works well. I can stop writing notes on my phone.

Here's to hoping for changes at Microsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment